Band Camp is fast approaching! Please take care of all materials and supplies before the first rehearsal. Details can be found in a previous post.
A few reminders for a healthy and productive start:
- remember to to wear athletic shoes to all rehearsals. No flip flops, sandals, bare feet etc.
- Drink plenty of water and bring a water bottle to every rehearsal.
- Bring a lunch for the 9-3 rehearsal days. You will not be permitted to leave the school on those days.
- Dress for the weather and don’t forget your sunscreen. We will be spending several hours outside each day.
- You will receive copies of all music at our first rehearsal.
I look forward to seeing everyone!
Parents & Students,
Welcome back! We are less than four weeks away from the start of Band Camp. We are looking forward to a great 2019-20 school year.
Thank you to those who have taken a look at the Marching Band registration information and ordered your summer uniform. There are still several who haven’t. The Band Boosters are covering the cost of the uniforms for incoming freshmen who order through the website. After June 3rd you will need to contact the Mr Shoppe directly and will be responsible for payment.
All summer information can be found at: https://cavalierband.org/hs-marching-band-summer-information-2/
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.
I hope you are all looking forward to an exciting year as the “Pride of Coldwater”. You have made an OUTSTANDING choice to continue as a member of the band family. You will be representing yourselves, our school, and our community for thousands of spectators. We place a high expectation on our work ethic, appearance and performance. I am looking forward to seeing you. So that we may have a successful start to the 2019-20 season, please review and take care of the following by the listed deadlines (Click BOLD CAPITALIZED LINKS):
- UPDATE YOUR INFO
- Please coordinate your family/work calendar with the band calendar. It is vital that we accomplish as much as possible during our summer practices. Your attendance at all of our practices is necessary to accomplish all of our goals.
- Please familiarize yourself with the Board approved band handbook. Most importantly, please review the Grading and Attendance portion. While attendance is mandatory for band events, we do realize that there are occasions where it a student may need to request an excused absence. This is done through the EXCUSED ABSENCE FORM.
- SUMMER UNIFORM FORM DEADLINE MAY 23rd
- All Freshmen will need to fill out a Summer Uniform Form. Shirts and shorts will be provided to all Freshmen members at no additional cost to members. Any 10-12 grade band student needing replacement shirts or shorts will also need to fill out the form. Cost for replacement shirts and shorts will be billed to the student.
- MARCHING BAND SUPPLY LIST
- Please review the supply list and note the delivery time necessary for marching shoes and some supplies. Students will want to have the shoes broken in by the Coldwater Picnic Parade. Please order these BEFORE the start of band camp.
- HS BAND FEES
- Band Fees are $55 for ALL students. Please do not send checks or cash to school. Payments are to be made online. Due by July 15th
If you haven’t done so, please sign up for HS Band text reminders: enter 81010 and text @cavm. Please do this before May 23rd. Follow us on Facebook: The Coldwater Marching Band or Twitter:@CavBand1
Parents and Students,
Please take a moment to look over the final performance schedules for all of the bands at https://cavalierband.org/calendar/
May 8th HS Band Concert and Awards 7pm
May 14th 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th Grade Band Concert 7pm
May 26th Graduation Performance Symphonic Band
-12:30 Warm up
Dress: Dress clothes- NO T-Shirts/Jeans/Shorts
Memorial Day Performance (HS Volunteers)
Dress: Band Shirt
Meet in the Band Room 9:00 a.m.
Performance 10 a.m. at the park
Breakfast immediately following
SSB and Service Songs
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help with track concessions. Your help is greatly appreciated and helps to support the band students in many ways!
We are still in need of many volunteers. Specifically, we need 2 for this Friday, April 26th and 2 more for Tuesday, April 30th as well as 5 more for May 2nd. This will take us through the JH/HS County Meet. There are 2 meets May 7th and 10th which are both for the MAC meets where we still need 6 people for each. Please consider signing up to fill these spots. As stated in the past, if we do not get them filled, we cannot run concessions and thus, we are not raising money for the band students.
Remember, students are welcome to help, so if you have a JH or HS student who would like to sign up as well, go for it! We just ask that adults handle the money.
Again, thank you so much for all those who have volunteered. Please encourage others to do the same to help us fill these spots. If every band parent signed up for 1 or 2 events throughout the year, all needs would be met including these track concessions!
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you or your student or both can help, or if you know of someone and they are willing, go to the following link and sign up!
Thank you for your help and support
HS Band- The Florida trip is quickly approaching! Here are a few reminders to help you out. Take care of things early so you aren’t scrambling the day or two before the trip.
- Please make sure you have reviewed the itinerary found below.
- Talk to your teachers to see what you need to have done upon your return.
- All trip participants must be signed up for the Remind texts. Text @CWBandFLA to 81010. This is our main method of communication. You don’t want to miss a deadline because you aren’t signed up.
- Don’t forget to download your Disney app and set up your FastPasses.
- It isn’t too early to start planning your packing/carry-on etc. Check the slideshow below for packing reminders.
- Your uniform bag should have your complete uniform in it. You will want to have your band summer shirt, long black socks, shoes, gloves, cuffs, and athletic shorts in your hat box. Take care of this NOW!
Congratulations to the following students for earning a 1 or 2 rating at the OMEA Junior High Solo and Ensemble Adjudicated Event held at Minster on March 31, 2019
Superior Ratings- I
Ariel Wilson- Clarinet Solo
Abigail Diller– Flute Solo
Alyssa Diller- Flute Solo
Luke Schmitmeyer- Trumpet Solo
Rachel Schroyer- Horn Solo
Alex Jenkins- Snare Solo
Brooke Stammen- Marimba Solo
Garrett Bruns, Kayden Giere, Andrew Jones, Peyton Seitz, Nick Wehrman-Perc. Ensemble
Emma May, Madison Wendel, Becca Wenning-Mallet Trio
Brooke Gerlach, Elise Schwieterman, Sarah Homan-Clarinet Trio
Abigail Schwieterman, Annabelle Reichert, Mya Wehrkamp- Flute Trio
Julie Bertke, Allison Quinter, Jill Ruckman, Sophia Ontrop- Brass Quartet
Julia Siefring, Marina Muhlenkamp, Tabitha Berkenstock-Trumpet Trio
Excellent Ratings- II
Morgan Rose- Flute Solo
Kayden Giere- Snare Solo
Audrey Lefeld- Horn Solo
Eli Gels- Horn Solo
Libby Gilmore- Trumpet Solo
Ben Giere, Brayden Bonifas- Trumpet Duet
Norah Duerr, Cassie Moorman- Clarinet Duet
Gena Vagedes, Heidi Romer- Saxophone Duet
Megan McNeil, Ariel Wilson- Clarinet Duet
Abby Diller, Morgan Rose- Flute Duet
Lydia Borger, Ellie Schneider, Hope Hemmelgarn- Woodwind Trio
Carson Doenges, Isaac Hannewald, Justin Gruss- Trombone Trio
Gracie Backs, Emily Brunswick, Abbigail Fortkamp-Clarinet Trio